About the Journal
Jurnal Optimasi Sistem Industri translated Journal on Optimization of System at Industries (JOSI) is a peer-reviewed and open access scholarly periodical. JOSI publishes research papers, technical papers, conceptual papers, and case study reports. Article manuscripts are published after a thorough peer-review process. JOSI’s first edition was published in 2001. The journal publication is maintained by the Industrial Engineering Department at Universitas Andalas, Padang, West Sumatra, Indonesia as the publisher. It addresses recent trends on optimizations made in soft systems aspects of industrial operations and engineering. Discussions on hard systems are welcome if it optimizes the soft systems aspects and is stated in the focuses and scopes. JOSI works closely with The Institution of Engineers Indonesia (Persatuan Insinyur Indonesia) and BKSTI (Badan Kerjasama Penyelenggara Pendidikan Tinggi Teknik Industri), which provides editorial members, peer reviewers, and authors, both are professional institutions related to JOSI's aims and scopes. Accepted papers are in English only.
Focus and Scope
Jurnal Optimasi Sistem Industri (JOSI) mainly focuses on optimizations made in soft systems aspects of industrial systems, and its engineering. Discussions on hard systems are welcome if it optimizes the soft systems aspects as well. Detailed scopes of articles accepted for submission to JOSI are:
- Production Planning and Inventory Control
- Ergonomic and Work-Study
- Multicriteria Decision Making
- Product Design and Development
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Optimization and Mathematical Modelling
- Information System
- Manufacturing Facility Design
- Financial and Asset Management
- Industrial Policy Study
- Maintenance System
- Human Resource Development.
Below are the history of Jurnal Optimasi Sistem Industri;
- The journal started its publication in 2001 as a printed version under the title of Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Industri. In 2005, it changed its title to Jurnal Optimasi Sistem Industri (JOSI).
- ISSN 1412-4769 was the serial number of Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Industri. Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Industri and Jurnal Optimasi Sistem Industri is the same journal.
- ISSN 2442-8795 (online) is the serial number currently used by Jurnal Optimasi Sistem Industri since 2015.
- JOSI and the Institution of Engineers Indonesia came into an agreement on journal publication cooperation in 2011.
- Jurnal Optimasi Sistem Industri is registered in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) which was validated on 3rd August 2015.
- JOSI amend its editorial team on 27th April 2016,
- JOSI used a semi-online business process (email-based communication) up to its 2016's volume.
- JOSI changed into a fully online business process since volume 16, no. 1, 2017, and a new online review form was introduced.
- The new article template was introduced and used on 10th May 2017
- JOSI changed its logo on 11th May 2017
- Peer reviewers amended for volume 16, no. 2, 2017, new peer reviewers are joining JOSI in June 2017.
- December 1st, 2017. We changed our email address' domain. The previous email address domain was @ft.unand.ac.id. The new domain for the email address is @eng.unand.ac.id. The current email for contact is email@example.com.
- On the 10th of January 2018, JOSI signed the agreement with BKSTI (Badan Kerjasama Penyelenggara Pendidikan Tinggi Teknik Industri) a community of industrial engineering departments in Indonesia concerning the management and collaboration of journal publications. The collaboration was bound in a document numbered: 01/JOSI-Unand/I/2018 and 001/KM-BKSTI/I/2018.
- JOSI was renewing its agreement with the Institution of Engineers Indonesia. The latest agreement number as of 22nd January 2018 is 02/JOSI-Unand/I/2018 and 08-02/MOU/BKTI-PII/I/2018.
- On January 20th, 2022, the journal upgraded and migrated its content management systems from Open Journal Systems version 2 to version 3.